Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Vanilla Orange Ice Cream

Vanilla Orange Ice Cream


Brian LOVES cream cycle ice cream but when I read about what is in it I just can't bring myself to purchase it for our home and feed my kids. I was hunting for a recipe and came across one which we morphed and adapted into a better fit for our family. This has four ingredients, is dairy free, and you don't need an ice cream maker for it! I hope it makes your spring a little sweeter as you anticipate summer! Enjoy!

Ingredients

4 oranges, peeled then separated into wedges.
1 15 oz can of whole fat coconut milk
2 tsps of vanilla
2 T pure maple syrup or honey

Directions

1. Lay oranges onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone pad or parchment paper. Place into the freezer until frozen solid, about 1 hour.

2. Pour the coconut milk into a high powered blender and add half the frozen oranges. I have a handy button on my blender that says ice cream which I use or you can blend until smooth. Add remaining oranges, vanilla, and sweetener then blend until smooth.

3. At this point, if you have an ice cream maker you can add the mixture and follow the machine directions. If you don't have a mixer or just want to go a little more simple then pour the mixture into a glass pan (I used a glass bread pan but an 8x8 would work well too) and place into the freezer for 2-4 hours depending on the dish thickness. Once the mixture is frozen you can serve! Store in an airtight container for up to one month but in my home this lasted about 2 days. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds easy, and looks delicious. We're gonna give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs