Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Thank You

Matthew 5:7

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."


My family has been going through one of the more challenging seasons of our lives. You care read about Life Lately and how the past two weeks have been a time for rest and healing while we were all sick and while I am injured. Now that we are all healthy and just having to adjust to me having a broken foot life has smoothed out a bit. There is no way we could have done the past two weeks without the love, help, and mercy of others. Friends and family have reached out to us in so many ways, both in meeting our needs and exceeding them. 

One way that we were blessed was by meals. One afternoon I received a text message from a family member who had driven a half hour to drop off homemade chicken noodle soup, bread, and some fragrant lilac flowers. A homemade meal was so helpful because I can't drive, I can't stand to cook easily, and we all were sick. I was so touched with the kind surprise. Another dear friend whom we were supposed to have a play date with which we had to cancel drove 20 minutes down and dropped off homemade macaroni and cheese with broccoli, a half dozen of yummy muffins, and a new toy for Shane. We enjoyed a short visit and were able to enjoy dinner that night with no effort. I was so blessed to have meals provided by friends.

I have recently started a little project which involves wood cutting. I am hoping to start a small side business for fun and extra income. Friends from church who have a wood shop took time out of their day (let me point out this sweet couple has three year old twins and a one year old so the family is hustling!) to go to Lowes and pick up wood, cut it, and drop it off the next. I have been able to have projects to keep my hands busy so I don't run mad from being so idle. I was touched that in middle of their busy life they were able to help me out.

We have had lots of extra care for The Brothers. My sister has come over several times to take the boys on a walk or outing. My mother comes several times a week so Brian can work part time. My brother came and helped Brian move a freezer and even got my kids dressed that morning. Our babysitter has been working with us to come and help out even with her busy schedule. Friends from church have come and take The Brothers on walks or visited with us. I have never wanted for company or support with my children.

The very day I found out I had a broken foot, cheery, sunny, yellow daises and a card ended up on my front steps. My friend wanted to brighten my day during a hard time. I can't pick my babies up, I can't lift them in and out of a crib easily, getting up and down the stairs is hard, taking a shower has been a HUGE challenge but a needed task. A friend looking to cheer me up was so sweet because I have cried about missing out on parts of this season with my babies.

The other sweet blessing was a big box surprise. Friends from Brian's hometown mailed us a box filled with goodies. We had bubbles, chap stick, cookies, crackers, fruit pounces, tea, chocolate, stickers, tissues, hand wipes, and more to get us feeling better and brighten our day. The box alone was amazing but the surprise was so fun! My sister's boyfriend stopped by and dropped off coffee and cookies one day. I was so delighted! We felt spoiled with these little goodies and very loved. 


I write all this down to say thank you to our friends and family. I also wanted to point out that sometimes caring for the sick and needy is so simply but makes a HUGE impact. A simple meal, a card, flowers, or other little gestures of caring have made a difference for me. It helped cheer me up and lighten my load as I try and care for my family while injured.  There are so many ways to show mercy and compassion to others and I know God smiles with joy at those that exercise these traits. So thank you Chris, Nicole, Charlie, Theodore, Jer, Mags, Max, Gus, Buffy, Randy, Rachel, Greg, Nate, Syrian, Kristi, Rick, Maure, Clayton, Melina, Tobin, and Sabrina. You all are so appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs