Wednesday, December 31, 2014

How We Celebrated 9 Years


Today marks 9 years married to my handsome husband Brian. This past week, on December 26th, Brian planned out a wonderful date night in downtown Seattle. He purchased the tickets, planned the baby sitting, and made reservations without me knowing then told me about a month ago so I could anticipate the night. I LOVE the anticipation of a date, a wedding, a trip, or any big event. There is something twice as special about looking at the menu, hotel, or venue and being able to picture it in my head and dream about it. Where surprises are nice, for our anniversary I really like how Brian did the work and let me have the anticipation!

Brian called my lovely sister Rachel to come and watch the boys. We have left them both a couple times this past year. Once for date night with my sister and another time with my mom because we needed to take Brian to urgent care. I am so blessed to have a sweet sister and mom who are  willing to come watch The Brothers. My sister happens to be a nanny and is great with kids. Shane adores her and Keith is so laid back with being around her that I did not think twice about her caring for them.

We drove downtown, parked, then took the light rail to Westlake Station where we walked a few blocks to the restaurant and theater. We dined at Urbane, a restaurant that prides themselves on using locally sourced foods. I really like eating natural, local, and organic when possible so this was a perfect pick. We had an appetizer of crab cakes that came with a roasted delicata squash, fresh basil, Mama Li's peppers, and  lemon aioli. Brian had a lamb shank with roasted pears and black eyed peas which was unexpected, unique, and incredibly delicious. I ordered salmon with mashed potatoes, sauteed brussels sprouts with roast shallots, and a hedgehog mushroom relish. I always try and order something I can't cook at home because it makes the meal feel special and worth the price of eating out. These two dishes and the appetizer were defiantly a good selection and not something I would typically cook. We wanted to have dessert but were short on time so we got the check and headed down the street to the theater for our show.

Brian had purchased tickets to see Straight No Chaser, an acapella group, at The Paramount Theater. I had seen their viral YouTube video 12 Days of Christmas but never knew they were so BIG and talented! Brian and I had the best time because not only can those 10 guys sing but they are hilariously entertaining. The Paramount is a beautiful setting and the crowd was energetic. The show was wonderful.

We had a great time and I felt loved and blessed by my husband. Taking time to date your wife, especially during the little years, makes a huge investment in marriage. It gave me a chance to unwind a bit, dress up, and, letting some else put my a its to bed a couple times a year lets me miss it and appreciate it on the nights my babies give me a run for my money. It was fun to reflect on the past 9 years with my love and partner in life whom I adore! 

Happy Anniversary Brian!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs