Monday, December 1, 2014

10 Month Old Lunches

Last  month I shared with you what I send to work with Brian for lunch. Today I am sharing with you what Keith, my sweet little 10 month old, has for lunch. Keith is a easy eater. He tends to dislike tart foods but otherwise I have not found a food he won't eat. I know this may change in the toddler years but I am doing all I can to promote healthy eating habits with this sweet boy. Keith eats a lot of what I eat but I make it more baby friendly and I try and offer a small amount of a wide variety of foods. Here are three sample meals of what we feed our baby for lunch.


Day 1


softened black beans
peas
apple sauce

Day 2


raspberries
peas
whole milk mozzarella cheese
shredded chicken
whole wheat well cooked macaroni noodles


Day 3


pear sauce
peas and whole wheat noodles sprinkled with Parmesan cheese

Here are a few more ideas of what I keep on rotation for Keith. I feed some purees and incorporate finger foods.

Fruit 
fresh diced pear
frozen mango, warmed and diced
apple sauce
blueberries
banana
avocado

Protein
black beans that are well cooked
homemade re fried beans
baked and flaked white fish such as cod or halibut
Applegate roasted chicken cut into tiny pieces
egg yolk

Vegetable
roasted yams, smashed
roasted squash, cut into bite sized pieces
peas
roasted egg plant cut into bite sized pieces
steamed broccoli, diced
pureed zuccini
pureed carrots

Grain
homemade whole wheat tortillas
whole wheat biscuits
whole wheat bread
whole wheat pasta, well cooked

Dairy
whole milk mozzarella
Irish Cheddar cheese
whole milk yogurt with apple sauce or small pieces of fruit mixed in

Mixed Meal Ideas
homemade whole wheat mini pizzas
homemade cheese and bean quesadilla
whole wheat pasta tossed with Parmesan cheese and peas
whole wheat spaghetti and marinara
whole wheat bread with hummus
banana and strawberry puree mixed with whole milk yogurt
meatballs




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs