Friday, December 5, 2014

A Beautiful Reminder






This past week was a whirlwind. I was still trying to catch up from The Brothers having a week long virus. Keith was on the tale end of his stomach bug and I was sleep deprived from the frequent night wakings. Brian and I had opened our home up for a Thanksgiving brunch and we were busy trying to clean the house and cook on top of caring for our babies. I remember feeling slightly run down; my hair in a ponytail, my husbands sweatshirt on, no makeup, flour wiped on my face. I was not at my finest.

One morning I was getting Keith laid down for his nap and hurried to grab something for a long overdue breakfast.  My spunky little Shane was busy telling me a story while building a bridge - his current FAVORITE activity. I may have an engineer on my hands. Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of myself and mumbled under my breath that I really needed a shower and to get dressed today because I was not looking great. In a quick second, I felt two little arms wrapped tightly around my legs from behind and looked down to see Shane beaming an adoring smile up at me. "Remember you are beautiful mama, God made you," Shane said as he embraced me.

What a reminder! What a kind worded compliment so tenderly delivered from my son. In that moment, holding Keith, being hugged by Shane, I felt valued and cherished. I did not look beautiful according to the worlds standards but as my sweet child reminded me, God made me according to his image and I was beautiful. Most importantly I was loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs