Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas Decorations

Today I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals to show you my Christmas decorations!

I love decorating for the holidays! I already have written about how we decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving and today you get to peek inside our home and see what Christmas looks like.


This wreath for our front door was the first decor I bought for our house 8 years ago. It is from Costco and I love how big and full it is and the added touch of pine cones. We have big colored Christmas lights up around the outside of the house but I did not get you a night shot and during the day they are not much to look at.


Inside our living room lives our Christmas tree. Our amazing noble fir tree is light with white lights and a collection of ornaments from Brian's and my childhood. We have slowly been adding to them over the years and starting a collection for our boys. I ordered a huge roll of red burlap ribbon that I twist around our tree. This year we did not measure well and our tree was so tall we could not fit a topper on! So starless we go but I LOVE how a fresh tree smells with or without a tree topper. 


Right inside the front door I hang this little sign Brian and I picked up on a trip to Bend, OR one year. It is a great cranberry color that matches the couch in the living room.

In the living room I stick out a Christmas book and devotional that we read during the season and on Christmas morning. 


Above my kitchen sink I have this little vase with some glitter vase filler. I put out one of our mugs and have some red and white stripe straws to put in there for our hot chocolate.


On the other side of my kitchen window are my little snowmen. I love how playful they are! My Aunt and Uncle gave these to me in college on year and they did not get much use in my single days but now that I have a place to display them they are out every year and one of my favorite decorations.



In our family room we have a fireplace where our stockings hang. I made a garland last year with bells and snowflakes and it adds a bit more festivity to a really blank wall. I greatly dislike that my beautiful fireplace doubles as a TV stand so all the cheer I can add here helps.


The Brother's have their own nativity scene that is kid friendly. I have a pretty ceramic one but after last year I decided to keep that one tucked away for a few years and opted for one the kids could touch and interact with. I also have a few Christmas books out.


This is one of my favorites for my kids right now. One Night in Bethlehem.


This is my makeshift advent calendar this year. I found this idea from iheartorganzing.com
and loved The Countdown to Christmas ideas where she does activities with her family. I used most of her pre-made cards and ideas then substituted a few of my own or her free printable. As opposed to putting them in envelopes I have my taped to my pantry door. Ideally I would get something prettier but for now this works and I wanted to be able to see them so I could plan around Brian's work schedule and not be suprised with a Christmas Light Drive on a night he was gone. 



Inside our downstairs bathroom we have a little sign and tree next to the sink on the counter.


That is our home for Christmas this year...so far. I still need to get a kid friendly centerpiece up. Last year I decorated with our Christmas gifts which I thought was a win win. They were out of the way and looked so pretty. Shane saw his name on the gifts and started unwrapping when I was getting breakfast ready. Mom fail! So I will be brainstorming on a new centerpiece and enjoy the rest of our cheery home.

Happy Holidays!



2 comments:

  1. Love your decor...Christmasy but not overdone. I loved that little nativity scene so much and was so happy to find a family to pass ours down to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Queen In Between! I defiantly have scaled back with two little ones but I still try and make it cheery.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs