Friday, December 12, 2014

10 Christmas Gift Favorites

I love Christmas-how it brings warmth to the winter months: bundled up babies, twinkling lights, baking round the clock to warm the home and fill bellies. I'm thankful for holiday parties and the opportunity to gather with family and friends and fill a home with laughter. I'm thankful for the opportunity to teach The Brothers about Christ birth, the reason for cutting a tree, and the anticipation of Christmas through Advent. I get giddy at the thought of decorating my home for Christmas and making it cheerful with evergreen scented wreaths and four stockings hung from the mantel with care. 

I love gift giving, too! Shane has been learning about giving and gratitude this holiday season. He has helped selected gifts, wrap them, and if I am being honest he has helped unwrap a few with his name on them already. I love helping him be intentional about picking a gift for those he loves. Shane put thought into what brings joy to others and from there he has grown a deep love of giving.  Here are a ten gifts that Shane and I picked out to give to others this season.





I have written so much about this cookbook and the author's blog. My family and I have made a radical change in our diet switching to minimally processed foods and we have seen a huge health benefit. I lost the last few pounds from having two babies 23 months apart, I have been getting sick less, and everyone's digestive system is working better. The biggest change I have seen is in Shane: better focus, improved sleep, healthier complexion. I have given this cookbook as thank you gifts, hostess gifts, and now it is wrapped under my tree for someone.






I have a signed copy of this book from my dear friend Stephanie. I was originally given her first book, Bittersweet, which I have passed along to a friend. I am currently finishing this book and I can't put it down. It is a rich blend of recipes and comfort writing. It's the kind of book I put my bathrobe and slippers on to read at night with a hot cup of tea and some Christmas Music playing. I love this author.





Speaking of bathrobes, this cardigan from Barefoot Dreams, is the most comfortable and easy piece of my wardrobe. I got it for myself with some birthday money when it went on sale and oh, heavens, it is a dream. New mom friends this is such a great purchase. I justify the price because I wear it every single day and because I got it on sale.





Santa happened to let me know that both my boys are going to be getting a toy from this brand. I normally try and avoid plastic but after a few little mishaps with wild boys hitting each other with wooden toys I am finding this is a happy and softer alternative. I like the colors, the size, and that they are really sturdy toys made of recycled plastic. I purchased one of these for $5 on Black Friday from amazon!





I live in the Seattle area and I like coffee. I have a cup almost every day. I really like this brand but it is a splurge so it's not an everyday cup for us. As a holiday gift, to those that know coffee, this is a treat and makes for a fabulous choice. I like this brand because they use a water decaffeinating process and 





I have written about this author several times. I love the message and the illustrations. Shane identifies with the main character and thinks the books are written about him. My favorites are Brothers Forever, Thank You, God, and Let's Be Kind.





Brian and I spent part of our Monday date night making vanilla extract. What a guy I married! It has been marinating in my pantry for a few weeks and is ready to be wrapped up. If you hurry you can make your own. You can find my post about it here. 





Part of making a house a home is filling it with life. During the holidays I like to have my Christmas lights on, music playing, and it I am not baking I like to have one of these candles light. It makes the home extra festive. These candles are made of soy and burn clean. 






I have several pair of these earrings and really like the pop of color and how light they are for a dangle earring. I am sticking to studs these days because Keith thinks my dangling earrings are toys but it does not mean that I can't give them away this Christmas to others. 






Every year growing up on Christmas Eve my siblings and I opened up PJs. I adore this tradition and have carried it on with my kids. For a while I bought Carters and found PJs and Costco but now when Gap has a sale I snatch up these PJs. I like how they fit my slender child and my sturdy baby and that they are well made. I hope to pass along Shane's to Keith and so I am willing to spend a bit more on good quality clothing.


Today I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for Friday Favorites.





2 comments:

  1. That cookbook looks amazing! I'm looking it up on amazon now! Linking up from momfessionals!
    www.camillecolumbia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille it is a wonderful cookbook! Check out my pumpkin muffin post from October to see more about the cookbook and hear how our family cut out processed food. I have gifted this 5 tjmes this year already and highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs