Monday, January 12, 2015

Honey Mango Popsicles

Shane still is my picky eater. The day that changes I will be writing a long, sappy, joyful, and tearful post about how the earth has shifted and a bulk of my energy no longer goes into creative ways to get my son to eat. I am often hunting in my cookbooks, picking my friends brains, and scouring the internet for ideas on healthy food ideas that Shane might eat. This week I was reading on one of my favorite blogs about freezing left over smoothie in push pop molds. I ordered some molds and and decided to start with a quick fool proof recipe idea that I knew Shane would love and it was filled with fruit and yogurt. Once I know he likes the popsicles then I am going to venture into other fruits and vegetable ideas but for now I made these and they were a hit!


Honey Mango Popsicle

10 oz bag of mango, defrosted
1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
1 T honey

Directions

1. In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. 

2. Fill push pop molds, cap the molds, then place upright in a cup or mason jar and freeze for at least 30 minutes. 

3. When you are ready to eat, simply run the pop mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds to loosen the mold from the Popsicle and enjoy.




2 comments:

  1. These look really good. I'm considering ordering a set. Have you tried any other recipes yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe I made and it's my favorite but you an freeze any smoothie recipe and it works great! I use green smootie and a purple passion smoothie and they are both wonderful.

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs