Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Favorites: Birthday Gifts for Babies and Toddlers

Happy Friday and Happy Birthday!

I have birthdays on the brain! My sweet Keith turns one tomorrow then, in two more weeks, my spirited and adventurous Shane turns three. Needless to say I am in party planning mode and look forward to sharing how we celebrated their birthdays with you next week. However, this week I have been on the hunt for birthday gifts for The Brothers and I am sharing some of my favorite toys for The Brothers today. This list is comprised of a few toys The Brothers already have and a few that they are getting this month from myself or family. I hope you enjoy seeing what my kids are into these days! 



I ended up getting these for Shane as a Christmas gift and considered adding to his collection for his birthday. Shane loves these. They are made of silicone so I don't worry about Keith sticking them in his mouth. They have held up great and they really do stick to just about anything! A favorite around here is sticking them to the window or onto your forehead and pretending to be a rhinoceros. They area also awesome to build with. Keith and Shane enjoy these and I see them playing with them for years to come.



Shane is really into numbers and clocks right now so this one sparked my interest. I like that it is made out of wood, includes shapes, numbers, and colors along with a teaching tool to tell time. So many of my students struggled with telling analogue time so I want to start exposing Shane to clocks now so he can excel at school.



Stickers seem magical to kids. I am not sure if they like the sticky texture, the fact that they can peel a picture off of paper, or that you get them as a reward most often but my kids and any kid I have ever met loves stickers. Shane and Keith can easily go through a sheet of 100 stickers in about 10 minutes because they just peel and stick so this packet of reusable stickers made out of vinyl is wonderful. We were given on pack as a gift for Shane's second birthday and he uses them all the time and I have considered getting them again. You can even stick the to the window for a larger and more lavish working space. 



These are perfect for my sweet little one year old. I remembered reading that they had won some award and these are awesome. The weight on the bottom and the unique shape make stacking so easy. Keith got these from my Grandparents for Christmas and even Brian and I enjoy stacking them. These are great to develop hand eye coordination and practice stacking and if the rest of us are playing with them too I know they will get a lot of use!




I don't know that I could have justified the price of this with just Shane. We live in Washington and it rains quite a bit. However, now that Shane is gong to be riding a little bike this summer I wanted to explore the idea of something for Keith and these little Wheely Bugs got great reviews. This is the only toy I have not seen in person yet but it has great reviews from Amazon and it is what we got Keith for his first birthday!



The Brother's Grandma got this set for Shane his first Christmas and she keeps on adding to it for them. I semi cringe at the price of train sets but they are so worth the money knowing how much it gets used. All of us love playing with this set and it has held up so well from dropping, banging, and dumping onto the floor. I like that it has a bunch of little accessories so The Brothers can pretend play. Shane loves the signs and has a big fascination with them now. 



Kids are wired to learn from their surroundings. They mimic what they see and I guess Shane saw me cleaning a lot because all he wanted last year was a broom and a vacuum. This was his Christmas gift from Brian and I last year and he still plays with it. We have tons of videos of him vacuuming next to me when it is time to clean the house and I love that he has his own. Keith likes this toy already too and it goes on sale a lot from PB Kids!



We were given these for Shane's first birthday and they still get regular use! I like them because they are not overly loud and after two years are in great condition. We were also given plastic set that year that has not held up well so I am very partial to this set. The price point is great and the it is so cute. 

I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals today! You can check out her Friday Favorite link up on her page and her cute family. She is a mom, teacher, and Christian who I love reading about because of her creative ideas and her drive to do so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs