Monday, January 19, 2015

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star 1st Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Keith's first birthday. I try and do a little theme for my kids party and for Keith we picked a Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star birthday party. It was so simple and whimsical. We had several friends and family members come and wish our little man a happy birthday and enjoyed celebrating with them. 


On Saturday, Keith's actual birthday, I decorated our chandelier with about two dozen gold and silver stars that hung from twine. I used a three inch star shape cookie cutter traced onto card stock paper and cut them out. Next, I used a screw hole punch to make a small hole in each star and looped the twine through and tied a bow around the chandelier. I liked how the double twine made a falling star effect and was thrilled how this turned out. 

We made Keith a homemade card and some muffins for breakfast. 




Saturday night I made a white chocolate frosted lemon cake with raspberry preserves. I assembled and frosted the cake Sunday morning and topped it with more stars glued onto skewers. 




More stars were on the mirror by our dinning room table and I wrote in marker happy birthday Keith. If you look close at the reflection you can see I hung stars from the window as well. We had three stars dangling from all the windows at various lengths.



On the table I had some cucumber water with mason jars for glasses. I ordered paper straws with gold stripes and stars. On the left you can see little cupcake paper liners that are gold with white dots and I filled them with raisins and corn nuts for a quick snack. On the far side of the table I had gold paper plates and napkins.

For food, which I completely forgot to photograph, we had cheese, nuts, olives, fruit, veggies, hummus, ranch dip, and some crackers. The party was at three thirty so I did water and coffee along with light snacks. My mom was so helpful in providing most of the food and I just had to clean and make the cake and drinks. 



A little tip when using a table cloth with little ones: use ribbon or twine to tie your tablecloth down. It only took one second for Shane to pull a table runner down and shatter the vase that was on it all around him last year. Now I always tie anything down or don't use anything at all. 


For party favors I went to Whole Foods and purchased star fruit snacks that are made with natural dye such as beet juice and natural sweeteners and ingredients. I sorted the colors out and used cupcake liners to hold the party favors then wrapped each of them in cellophane and tied with more twine. 




Lastly, I made a little Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star picture and placed it in a frame near the party favors and set them up on the piano which is right by my front door.

Keith's first birthday was so special. We enjoyed cake, coffee, snacks, and fellowship. The kids enjoyed playing together and all the adults talked and took pictures. It was such as special day!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs