Wednesday, January 28, 2015

If You Give A Mouse A Cookie 2nd Birthday Party

Last week I shared how we celebrated Keith's first birthday and yesterday how we celebrated Shane's first birthday. In keeping with the birthday party theme I am sharing Shane's second party with you today so I am all caught up on my kid's party fun. 

I suppose I had my teacher hat on still as I planned the first and second year parties for Shane because I did book themes for both of them. For his second birthday we picked If You Give A Mouse A Cookie which also happened to be a spring off from  Keith's cookies and milk baby shower (and it was darling!). We had a HUGE group of toddlers come over and the whole 32 of us crammed into our little house for some fun. 

We celebrated Shane's second birthday on January 4th, which is 27 days early, because I was due on January 24th with Keith. Little did I know at the time Keith would arrive a week early so our timing was perfect! I did not want to skip over Shane's party just because he was being promoted to big brother nor did I want to be recovering from childbirth while hosting 30 people so to me early was better.

For the party food we had cookies, fruit, veggies with dip, and some rice crispie treats that my awesome neighbor contributed. This empty plate hosted sugar cookies (which my mother made) that were egg, nut, and dairy free due to Shane and another sweet friend's daughter's food allergies. 


We served milk, water, juice, and root beer for drinks along with coffee and cucumber water. Just like all my parties I like to label food and I incorporated lines from the book and little clip art pictures of our happy little mouse mascot. 


We decorated sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles as a fun activity. These were also the dessert and we let Shane blow out a cookie candle this year. 


In the book the mouse colors so we had a coloring table for the toddlers who attended. 


Lastly, as some fun party favors (and a horrid picture of them!) we gave each child a cookie cutter to take home. I loved the idea of a non food/sweet/candy party favor and found these gems at World Market for $0.99 each. 

In addition to what I have dug up on my computer hard drive from last year before I started blogging I also hung a cute mouse from the chandelier and we had blue balloons. My mom, who is also a teacher, happened to have a stuffed mouse from the book and he joined one of our tables. 

That was Shane's second birthday. It went so smoothly having a couple little activities for the kids to do while there and the snacks were perfect for a 3pm party. We had a wonderful time and 13 days later we welcomed Keith! What a month last January was. On the 31st, which is Shane's actual birthday, we took him out to dinner and had a little birthday breakfast at home to keep it special for our boy. We love our sweet Shane and look forward to his third party this Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs