Tuesday, January 13, 2015

LOVE Signs

The Brothers are 23.5 months apart and when they turned 6.5 months and 2.5 it fell on the same day so I wanted to make something with them that would be memorable. I loved the ages they were at. Both of them were at a real sweet, semi independent, and super cuddly age and I just loved it. I debated getting family pictures taken, about making a height chart, or even getting little sketches done but in the end I made these LOVE signs with their hand and foot prints.



I had looked all over for a way to incorporate their hands and feet into a bit of art for our home and I had seen these in a friends house and feel in love with them. In retrospect, I wish I would have done the word LOVE horizontal as opposed to blocking it because almost no one can figure out why I have a "L" and an "E" on my wall but I know what they are and I love them. They are so quick and easy and an empty one would make a great baby shower gift! 

Supplies

wood slat with hardware attached (or you can add your own)
two paint colors
a stencil of the letter "E" and "L" or you can free hand it
paper towel or wet wipe

Directions

1. Pain the wood slat a solid color and allow to dry.

2. Stencil the letter "L" on the far left either center if doing the world horizontal or top right if doing block lettering like the example. 

3. Repeat step 2 with the letter "E" on the far right center or top. Allow lettering to dry

4. Paint one hand of child and stamp into the "O" space for the word LOVE.

5. Paint one foot at a time and place in the "V" space for the word LOVE joining each foot at the heal and placing toes at the top.

6. Allow to dry. You can add the date and and name on the back and hang. These also make a great gift for grandparents or Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs