Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Favorites: Favorite Moments and Conversations with The Brothers Lately

I  have a one and two year old boy until tomorrow when Shane turns three! I love the stage of life they are both in. The Brothers are full of energy and personality so today I am sharing a few special moments and conversations with my boys. A friend suggested that I start writing down these sweet memories so I don't forget them.


Shane

1. I asked Shane if he wanted to invite Jesus to come and live in his heart. His response: "Jesus can't come live in my heart mom. My heart goes boom, boom, boom and Jesus will get hurt in there. Maybe we should find Him another place to live." His reasoning was flawless.

2. Shane is currently obsessed with flags and has been for the past year and a half. His third word was flag. He can identify a variety of flags without prompting but his favorites are USA, Liberia, and Mongolia all because they have stars and stripes on them. When he was asked by a friend if he could find The United States of America's flag on a map my son proceeded to point it out along with a half dozen others.

3. In light of his continual flag obsession, when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, Shane responded that he would like to either be a doctor like his pediatrician or be the Governor of Washington. He likes to use flashlights to look in ears if he were to be a doctor. If he were  in politics  he could work with flags and still be close to Dad and Mom. Be still my heart. You go get it buddy...and still be close to home. Politics run in the family and I completely support the medical profession.

4. Shane really likes music. He sings and he dances to Froze, Away In A Manger, Down By The Boy, and as of late I've Got The Magic In Me. Only instead of Shane singing "every time I touch that track it turns into gold" he sings " every time I touch traffic it turns into gold."  Last week, caught in traffic, Shane asked if he should sing to the traffic to make it go. Ha!

5. Shane Brian has learned his middle name. At a doctor appointment, when asked if he knew his name, he proudly stated " I am Shane Brian." What a sweet gentleman.

Keith

1. For his first birthday, Keith was given a book of baby faces to teach about emotions: sad, happy, angry, silly, stinky, yummy. He has mastered the silly face and sticks his tongue out. I love it!

2. Keith figured out how to say "Oh, ya" this week and it has become a bonding moment with his dad who finds it hilarious. I hear the two of them chatting back in fourth, "Oh, ya!" When Brian left for work today Keith waved through the window and yelled out "Oh, ya!"

3. When I found out I was having a second boy I was beyond thrilled! I had these dreams of the two bonding, being thick as thieves, and being the best of friends. However, I feared that Shane and Keith being so close would mean that I would have to continually be teaching Shane to be kind, sweet, and gently with his little brother. To my surprise, Keith weighted 24 lbs at his 1 year appointment
and gets complete joy out of wrestling or full on tackling his big brother. I think the two are well matched because as much as Shane can challenge Keith to a wrestling match Keith happily reciprocates.

4. Keith started cows milk this last week and it is not his favorite. Our pediatrician keeps telling me that it can take up to 20 tries to really decide if you like or dislike a food so I should keep at it. My problem is that Keith won't really try the milk any more now that he has figured out how to blow bubbles with a straw. Those sweet cheeks and eyes light up when his lips wrap round a straw and he gets those bubbles rolling. I guess I will just keep trying and enjoy his delighting in a new skill of bubble blowing.

5. Keith is quite a sweet personality. He loves to crawl over and rest his head on my lap for a snuggle between mini exploitative adventures around the house. I cherish those moments he craves closeness with me and offers up a sweet snuggle.


I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals today as well as Jennie from The Diary of  Real Housewife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs