Friday, October 31, 2014

I Did Not Want Another Boy



When I found out I was having another baby I was over the moon. Brian and I kept the news to ourselves until the second trimester and then proudly proclaimed that we would be a family of four. At twenty weeks we went in for an ultrasound to check on the health of our baby and were asked if we wanted to know the gender. We found out the gender with our first son and again this time. We were having another boy. We we going to have brothers! 

We went home, told Shane, then told our world. However, I was floored that along with the congratulations I was often asked if I wanted a girl this time. Was I disappointed I was having two boys? Would I miss the braids, the bows, the dresses, and the special bond a mother and daughter have? My answer was always the same. I never wanted a boy. I never wanted a girl. I wanted a baby. I was happy to have a healthy baby who happened to be a boy.

My second born was a missing part of my family. I prayed for him. I welcomed him into my heart and into this world. I have watched him grow, thrive, and change and will always love the sweet, winsome, easy going boy that is my second born. So in answer to the many questions of if I wish Keith had been a girl I can easily answer no. I never wished for anything other than another child. I did not want another boy. I wanted a child and who God made him to be.


I am so blessed to be this Little Man's mama.




One of my families favorite books these days is Brothers Forever.  This book talks about the special relationship that brothers have. It shows these two brothers doing chores, building forts, laughing, and even having a disagreement and making up. My boys love this book and in honor of the special bond of brothers I am giving away a copy of Brothers Forever to one lucky reader. Simply enter the contest below. Winner will be contacted by email next week for a shipping address. Good luck!

Next week you can come back and see what we did for Halloween, get a recipe for a healthy snack my family loves, see our fall decorations transition to Thanksgiving, and link up with me again on Thankful Thursday. I hope to have you back next week.

3 comments:

  1. Heather this is beautiful! And so true! I was so ecstatic when we found out we were having brothers, but often people couldn't understand it. We are so blessed to be welcoming our second baby boy in a matter of weeks and I couldn't be more excited to meet our newest little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for your little blessing too Nicole! We pray for your family and can't wait to welcome your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book and something we need in this household. Carter and Levi are great together most of the time but we are getting to a stage of jealousy on both parts. I just love when they are getting alon and I can hear their laughter from another room, makes my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs