Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New Years Resolution Results for January

This year I wanted to make my new years resolution this year about me which, to many, may sound selfish. However, I find when I care for myself I take better care of The Brothers, Brian, my house, and life in general. You can read all about my New Years Resolution here. I thought it would be good to write a monthly update on how I am doing to hold my self accountable. 

1. Exercise 


I set out to work out three times a week this month. Every time I did a workout I wrote a little WO on my calendar so I could keep track. Despite having an ear and sinus infection last month I made every week except one which I only did two work outs and I made up for it the following week by working out four times. Some of these workouts were just a quick little 15 minute jog on my treadmill  but I still did it!

2. Reading

I decided to read one book a month that was not about parenting. I selected Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist this month. I admit, I actually finished it a day late but I read and I loved it! What I like most about this author is the way she writes the most descriptive sentences and that her books are independent essays compiled into a thematic book. Her writing is simply beautiful and if you want an uplifting book this is a great read. 

3. Date Night



You can read about the date I planned for Brian here! This was a fun and special evening and such an easy resolution to make and fulfill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs