Monday, February 9, 2015

Lunches for Mama

Today I am sharing the last of four posts on what our family eats for lunches. In November, I shared what I pack from Brian's lunch which he takes almost every day to work. In December I shared what I make for Keith who, at the time, was ten months old. Last month I shared what my picky eater Shane eats. He is the most challenging member of my family to feed. So much so that at the suggestion of our pediatrician we are meeting with a nutritionist next month to talk about more creative ways to expand Shane's food choices and get some protein in him. Today though, I am sharing what I eat for lunch. 

When I make my lunches it is normally 5pm, I am watching The Brothers on my own, and everyone is hungry! Being that the three of us that dine in all eat a bit of a different meal, I have found that simplicity and overlapping is key for our evening meal to run smoothly. In the winter I really like hot meals and quick meals so I try and keep extra or make extras that can be assembled during the rush of the evening. If I can make one item that everyone likes then I can supplement the rest with what I know each of us will eat. These days Keith and I are eating a lot of the same foods these days so most of the time I just need to cut things up a bit smaller and find a way to get fruit, veggies, and protein into Shane. Lunch runs most smoother these days and I have found a way to get a hot meal while avoiding PB and J!

Day 1


Chicken, tomato, cucumber, and ranch salad
apple sauce

Day 2


scrambled eggs with tomato
banana slices

Day 3



whole wheat tortilla 
tomatoes
avocado
cheddar cheese

Day 4


fried egg
fried zucchini
fresh diced tomato

Day 5


whole milk yogurt with strawberries and coconut cashew granola
friend egg
baked tomato with green onion

Other Meal Ideas

apple butternut squash soup
chicken noodle soup
grilled cheese and tomato
taco salads
noodles with chicken, peas, and marinara sauce
caprese salad
leftovers

If you missed the other posts about lunches you can find them below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs