Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Favorites: Valentine's Day Traditions

Valentine's Day with little ones is such a fun day! I love the day of love! I try and keep the day simple but still make it special for The Brothers because I want them leaving this home filled with happy fun memories and traditions. My first year as a mama I did not really do a whole lot with my little two week old but the past two years I have been doing a couple fun traditions and am excited to share them with Keith this year! These are my favorite Valentine's Day traditions with The Brothers.

Heart Shaped Breakfast


Last year Shane got to enjoy some heart crossed buns! I made these egg free for my little man because of his food allergy and then found some natural food dye to make these holiday themed for the day!

Heart Attack


I started this last year and am going to keep on with this tradition as long as it delights The Brothers. I picked an area, the kitchen, and decorated it with hearts I had cut out. Shane came downstairs and saw our breakfast nook covered with three dozen large hearts and he was thrilled. He did not stop pointing at them and talked about them for days. I like doing something special the morning of so it's a bit like the joy and anticipation of Christmas morning. 

Valentine's Day Gift





This year The Brothers are getting books as their Valentine's Day gift. Shane loves Curious George and I was happy to find a Valentine's Day one. Keith is getting Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! because we loved If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and we found this one in a board book edition.

 I embrace the chance to teach my little men about showing affection and love. One day I pray the little ladies they will marry one will feel cherished, delighted in, and adored by the men I am raising. I want to make a HUGE deal of heart shaped meals and cards now to model what it looks like to dote upon those we love and to let my boys feel loved. I hope our Valentine's Day cards to friends, traditional heart shaped meals, decorations, and gifts teaches them two important things to The Brothers. First, I hope they learn that their mama is so glad they are her sons. I am blessed to be their mama and love them wholeheartedly. Secondly, I hope that they feel delighted in and adored and can mirror that to their leading lady one day. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

If you missed my giveaway for a $25 gift card to Rockin' Green make sure to enter here. 

Today I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs