Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Uniquely and Wonderfully Made

The majority of The Brothers waking hours are spent with me. I have come to know their likes and dislikes, what makes them tick, and observe their physical changes. I know my children well. I know them better than anyone on earth at this stage in life.

Shane in looks has thick dark lashes that encircle hazel eyes just like his father. His blond hair is painted nearly white by the sun in summer and boasts a calic on top his head that swirls clockwise making his hair a wild mess each morning. He has a little chip on is front left tooth from a fall but it does not stop him from showing a gregarious smile that was rightly bestowed on an outgoing, sociable, and humors boy. He gets flush cheeks in the heat and always runs hot so his cheeks often have a cheery glow to them. Shane is average in height and somewhat slender but strong, healthy, and hansom. He has a few freckles, one larger on on his arm and a small birthmark on the back of one knee. Everything about Shane's looks reminds me of Brian.

Shane's personality is wild, spirited, and independent. He is a self starter and learner when it comes to tasks. I have been amazed at how he soaked up learning about flags, letters, colors, shapes, writing, and anything that sparks his interest. He loves to be outside throwing rocks or stomping in puddles. He has a memory like no child I have ever met, memorizing books after a few readings or reciting the pledge of allegiance after hearing it a few times. He is emotional, loves music, has quite the imagination when it comes to play, and loves being around people. Shane has a warm and caring heart for the Lord and others and is never shy to dote upon his brother.

Keith has the clearest blue eyes that may change like his brothers later on but for now remain. He has long, thin but dark lashes and his eyes smile when his more reserved personality won't allow his lips to show his delight. Keith has the sweetest round cheeks and a solid build that even at one give him a presence. He has a honey tone to his thick wavy blond hair which is course in texture. Keith has a freckle on the underside of his chin and currently boast 4 teeth in his somewhat bashful smile. He also is a handsome son.

Keith has a very stable personality but is quick to express joy or anxiety. He is a determined baby who sits with a task and thinks through it step by step. I can always see his mind working, his brain learning, his little eyes absorbing what is going on around him. Keith is talking a lot saying many words: mom, dad, dog, here, thanks, hi, by, book, bump, oh ya, door, ball.  Most of these words only Brian and I can pick out but it is fun for us to understand him. Keith is quick to show affection with hugs, snuggles, and the newly learned ability to kiss. He loves his brother and is very fond of petting dogs, especially Chloe. Keith is easy going and his personality is sweet and agreeable. 

I love learning who my boys are and seeing them grow and change. It is amazing to see their little personalities develop and come out. I have loved watching their eye and hair color show up and little freckles or birthmarks pop up. God is remarkable in his ability to give Shane and Keith their own personalities, their own looks, and unique selves. They are wonderfully made. The more I know my children the more I fall in love with a God that knows and loves them even more than I do. He knows their name, the hairs on their heads, their every thought. The Brothers are loved, uniquely created, and wonderfully made. I pray they will always know the love of their Heavenly Father who knows them so well.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;   
 your works are wonderful,    
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs