Tuesday, April 21, 2015

How I Got My Name



I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals today to share how I got my name. If you wanted to read about how The Brothers were named you can read about Shane here and Keith here. I LOVED picking my boys names and felt like it was a HUGE decision. As I already wrote about  how they were named you get to read about how I was named.


I was supposed to be named Devon. As gender ultrasounds were not done back when I was born, my parents liked that Devon fit both a boy and a girl and they were fairly settled on it. However, down the hall the night before I was born another couple that were some of my parents closest friends at the time named their son Devo. Not wanting to name me the same name as a child that I grew up playing with (can you hear my mom and her friend saying "Devon and Devon, time to come in'") my parents decided to look for a different name.

After I was  born my parents could not decide. I have an older sister and having two children of the same gender myself I know it can be difficult to come up with a name. My mom said that I just looked like a Heather. I seemed to have a sweet, field and farm like look to me and my mom liked the name so after a couple days of having no name I was called Heather.

My middle name, Brooke, was named after the friend who name their son Devon. He is a doctor and joked that if he could not deliver me I should be named after him. Heather Brooke flowed nicely and he was not going to be delivering me so I was named after Peter Brooks for my middle name.  I must admit that I like my name and my parents chose well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs