Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Thank You God For...Me!


Shane prayed a prayer today that warmed my heart and made me think. At dinner he prayed "Dear Jesus, thank you for today, thank you for this food, thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Keith, Chloe, and Shane. Amen." It was so sweet and simply but it stood out to me that he thanked God for himself. To me that was foreign. I suppose, at the risk of sounding self centered and conceited, I just never thought to thank God for myself. 

The more I thought about Shane's prayer, the more I realized what a grateful statement it was. Thank you God, for me! Thank you for this life. Thank you for this body that birthed two babies. Thank you for the drive and determination to study and learn. Thank you for a heart that is tender and sensitive towards others. Thank you that you made me in your images, that you love me, and that you created me.

Thank you God, for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs