Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Favorites For Easter


I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals and sharing my favorites for Easter. Now that I have The Brothers I feel like I have a HUGE responsibility and privilege to bring the fun and learning to holidays. I want to make memories, grow their love for the Lord, and expand their understanding of the why behind holidays. This Easter season my kids are getting Easter baskets and decorating eggs but we are also doing a lot to teach that He is the reason that we live and that He is the reason for the season.



Andrea made these rolls with her little ones and I am planning on doing these Easter morning with my kids but with a little bit of a healthy twist to accommodate our commitment to healthy food. I have all the ingredients to make homemade whole wheat dough and we are filling ours with some specialty marshmallows and honey with cinnamon. I love that through cooking, something that Shane adores, I cant give my kids some tangible and visual understand of the miracle of Christ rising from the dead. Click on the link to read more about these rolls and consider joining me in making them some time this weekend to teach your kids.


Happy Easter Banner

Last year I picked up this Easter banner on clearance from William Sonoma. I normally like to make my banners like these paper bunting banners but I knew with a new baby I was going to be short on time and thought I might as well grab this and it has served us well this year and last. I love the addition of bunnies and eggs and the colors against our paint.  I like teaching The Brothers why we are happy this season. We are happy because Jesus lived!


Bunnies

Growing up I we had pet bunnies. At one point all three of us kids had our own. I was given lots of little bunnies over the years and you can find a lot of these childhood memories decorating my house during the Easter season. I like to teach about the new life that we have in Christ and seeing it mirrored in creation through baby animals, blooms, and the fresh newness of spring. 


Palm Branch

Shane came home from Sunday school with a Palm Branch shouting Hosanna all over the house as he waved his craft around. I love that his craft made such an impact and we could continue to teach that we celebrate our Savior this season.



I don't have little girls with bows in their hair and ruffled dresses but I do have two handsome sons who I still adore dressing up! Some slacks with these gingham shirts are the perfect outfit for Sunday and we might attempt a bow tie but I doubt they will keep them on. A mama can hope, right? We  




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs