Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Favorite Vacation

Brian and I have been planning our next vacation and it made us start thinking about our past trips. Though we enjoy traveling, we have not done a lot of it. Due to finances, work schedules, school, and kids we have never taken a dream trip to Europe or been able to go away for a week long trip to Maui. One day we hope to travel more but for now we tend to stay closer to home while The Brothers are little. 

Growing up I traveled a lot with my family. We went to Hawaii a couple of times, Florida, Washington DC, the east coast, New York, Nevada, and Arizona. I really enjoyed traveling to see different parts of the country and enjoyed the beaches. We also did a lot of local camping, boating on the Colombia River, or visiting my Grandparents who have lived all over the country. We always enjoyed vacation time.

Brian and I have not traveled quite as extravagantly but we have enjoyed every trip we have taken. We have traveled to Disneyland and California several times. We also went to Mexico on our Honeymoon and have taken several local getaways to the San Juan Islands or the Oregon cost. My very favorite trip with Brian was to Lake Tahoe. 


We stayed at the Lake Tahoe Diamond Resort and it was so nice. It was right on the water so we could swim in a warm pool (Lake Tahoe is COLD!) and still see the lake and mountains. 


We opted for a smaller room with a kitchenette but there are full kitchens with two bedrooms and a little sitting area. 


The water was freezing but beautiful. We spent a lot of time reading and relaxing on the dock.



We also went sailing which was my favorite part. Growing up I had a small sail boat and never got the hang of it. I still love sailing and enjoyed taking the beauty in. I would recommend going in a group or getting a private boat because we had two WILD couples with us and Brian and I had to avoid them the whole time. It made for a memory but we tried to stay at the back of the boat with another couple that was a bit more our speed and style.



Everywhere on the lake you could see amazing boats and clear water. 



Another day we rented kayaks and paddled up and down the beach. It was really windy but fun to get a work out in and see the homes and private beaches.



We did not go up to check the view out but heard it was nice to hop on the ski lift and get a beautiful shot of the area. We opted to shop in the town center and stay down by the lake.




 Food wise I can't remember the name of the places but we had lots of good sea food at one local place.




We also liked breakfast and lunch at Red Hut Cafe. It was sooooo good and I highly recommend it. It was total diner food and this was long before we ate our clean, healthy, real food diet but on a trip sometimes a milkshake is a great treat and we enjoyed ours!


All in all the trip was fun because of all the water activities and bikes. It was a really affordable trip for us and we were able to stay a week. The only downside was my allergies went crazy so Benadryl and I had a tight relationship that week and it made me a little more tired. My allergy medicine was not cutting it and I was miserable the first day until we found a drug store. Other than that, we enjoyed walking around, swimming, eating, reading, and the beautiful views. 

What has been your favorite vacation as an adult?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs