Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Favorites: Natural Beauty Products


If you have read my blog for any length of time or know me personally then you know my commitment to healthy foods. I am BIG on cutting out all processed and artificial additives from our diet. We eat minimally processed foods (think maple syrup and honey as sweeteners over refined cane sugar) and if our food is colored in any way it's not from artificial food dye. This way of eating is not for everyone but it is how we try to eat. When it comes to other products I try and do the same. Today I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals and sharing my favorite natural beauty products. I am on the low key side ( I think) when it comes to makeup and hair items but I like natural and chemical free and in that area I am high maintenance. 



If I made the switch to less preservatives in food it is only fitting that what goes on my eyes, face, and lips is preservative free. I actually LOVED how this makeup covered and went on the first time I used it and I like that it really does not smell compared to other brands except for a mint scent to their lipsticks and glosses. The foundation covers my freckled face well and I like the mascara. My daily makeup routine takes about 5 minutes and 7 on a date night. I am low key but most days I brush on some foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, and something hydrating on my lips. On a day I try a little harder I add gloss and eyeliner. I am simple but this brand works great and does not contain paraben, synthetic fragrances or artificial oils. 



I just made the switch from Keihl's brand after realizing that my face lotion contained phenoxyethanol, a preservative and is a kin irritant and a neurotoxin, as well as two other parabens. I just don't care to have that stuff on my face and absorbed into my skin so I ditched my old products and am giving Acure a try. I admit, so far, it does not work as well as Keihl's brand so I am hoping in time I either adapt to it and like it or that I find something that works. At least I know what to look for in my face wash and lotion now. 



You can buy this as a two pack from Amazon and keep on in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. This oil is great to help heal cracked heels or as a hand cream. I don't recommend using it during day as it takes a while to absorb and is a bit more greasy but at night, with socks on your feet, or simply rubbed into your hand this works wonders at soft skin. 



Not everything is organic in this brand and I read a study that carrots really don't do a not when applied to the hair. One needs to consume carrots to improve the growth of hair but that was just one study and I am not a scientist. I do however like that the ingredients are 99% natural and paraben free. Yup, that word keeps coming up and I try my best to avoid them. This shampoo is also a new find. Some people complain of the smell but I use the baby shampoo for my kids and love it and it works well for the price point. I found $40 bottles of shampoo that in a free world I would love to purchase but on my budget this little bottle works for the kids and I. 



After I had the Brother's my hair got curly. Each of the boys made it that much more of a beachy wave like my older sisters hair. I tend to let it air dry these days and toss it in a bun the just add a few curls and go but I also will straighten it out because it looks nice and lasts me a few days. I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week and when I am using a heat tool I like to add a few spritz of this on to make my hair stay healthy. It is organic, a little goes a long way, paraben free and works! I want to try their shampoo and cream rinse but the price is just a little steep for me however, this product at about $16 for 6 months on my long hair is worth every penny. 



When I was pregnant with Shane I went the safe route with whatever came into contact with my body. This was the start of my researching products and Butter London was the rare polish I used because it is toxin free. Yup, it still has chemicals and it's not organic but I am willing to wiggle a bit in some areas. I use an organic nail polish remover and I don't paint my nails often. Blowing Raspberries is my current favorite color.



I admit I can get a little stressed. Getting a one and three year old to bed by myself most nights can wear on me but I like the smell of this Stress Away oil and it is natural. I also like Lavender and these two scents/oils have replaced my perfume. I don't use it a lot but when I do I grab a bottle of oil.



If you missed it on Wednesday, I shared a very personal story of Shane's birth. Shane had some complications during pregnancy and delivery and I love how God's hand was on his little life. If you need a little reminder of the God's grace and timing Shane's birth story is worth the read.

Have a happy weekend!



























No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs