Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Thanksgiving Decorations

Last week I shared how we decorate our home for fall and make it Halloween themed for the first part of the season and Thanksgiving themed for the second part of the season. I really like using the strategy of decorating for the season and then swapping out a few decorations to transition through holidays. It's quick and easy and it gets my family excited for what is to come. If you missed our Halloween decorations you can read about it here.

All in all it took me about 10 minutes to collect my spiders, Jack-o-Lanterns, and a few Halloween signs from around the house and get them put away. I kept the table centerpiece up, the leaves in the vase above my kitchen window, the paper bunting banners, and a few scarecrows I have sitting on shelves and the piano which I forgot to take pictures of last week. Then I added in my Thanksgiving accents. All together it took me 20 minutes to get our home ready for the next three weeks.


First, I removed the spiders on our table. I used to have acorns and pine cones but this year just kept it simple with the leaves and pumpkins.




Over my kitchen window the Halloween signs were swapped out for little Turkey and a Thanksgiving sign. I just stamped Happy Thanksgiving using a gold ink pad onto card stock I had on hand. It was inexpensive and adds a little festive touch.

I took down Shane's Jack-o-Lanterns that he colored from the kitchen window (well now our "office" window because we just did a big furniture move around the house) and replaced them with a bunch of cute little Turkeys that we made as an activity this past week. I will show you how we made our turkey family next week. They were so fun and easy!



For Thanksgiving and again at Christmas I have a special book bin from my teaching days that I dive into and place seasonal books up. I keep these tucked away with our holiday decorations to make them new and exciting each year. I piked out a few age appropriate books from my current favorite author P.K. Hallinan. Shane loves these books so much




I also purchased a few more mini pumpkins to scatter around the house because Shane and Keith are really enjoying pumpkins this year.



Lastly, I put our Thanksgiving Book out which I am so excited to share about as we get closer to Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite traditions that we started when Shane was born and this year Keith gets to start adding to our book! 

Hope you enjoyed a peek into our home. 

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs