Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Favorites: Birthday Memories

Happy Friday!

Today I celebrate my 31st birthday.

There are a few birthdays that stand out to me for a plethora of reasons. I don't have pictures from some of them but I can vividly remember lots if details from over the years. I tend to be laid back about my birthday but I love making memories with those I love. I also really like cake (not frosting just the cake) so on my birthday I break my healthy eating and enjoy a little treat which I am looking forward to tonight!

So here are a few of my stand out birthdays.

Favorite Birthday Tradition

The past couple of years my sweet sister always shows up at my house with a treat. It has became a little tradition. I love that she knows me well enough to find that perfect little perk to my day. This year she brought some all natural doughnuts and a potted red gerbera daisy. Last year she showed up with a cupcake from my favorite bakery. I love the special time I get and feel so loved that she caves out time from her day to be with me.


Last year Shane could not keep his hands off my treat! This year I am loving my bring, red, cheery flowers. 


Favorite Childhood Birthday 
My third grade birthday party my mom let me invite some friends over for a traditional Japanese dinner. I invited 4 friends from school and my 35 year old neighbor, Dawn, who came. I was so excited to have her there and that stands out to me as the best childhood memory because I felt so special having a grown up at my party.

Favorite High School Birthday

I grew up in the best neighborhood with lots of kids my age who also attended the same private school I did. For my 18th birthday, several of my friends came and kidnapped me and took me to breakfast in my PJ's...and it snowed that day. 

Favorite Gift
Brian gave me a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar for my 21st birthday. He said he knew I would use it to help kids and make them happy one day. That book has been read to many a classrooms and now to my own babies. I love how my husband supports me.

On top of the sweet support, inside the book was a pair of tickets to see The Lion King! I love a good theater production and was pretty sold on that guy named Brian that I was dating.


Biggest Birthday Surprise
For my 16th birthday my parents took me to Red Robbin for a family dinner. However, they had invited about 10 of my girlfriends and bought us all dinner. What a surprise!

Favorite Birthday
Last year I turned 30. I had a sweet little 2 year old and a cute 6 week old and Brian got take out. It was perfect!

I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals today to share my Friday Birthday Favorites! 



4 comments:

  1. ahh - I want a sister that surprises me on my birthday... heck, I just want a sister :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siblings are a blessing for sure! I have a wonderful brother and sister and am blessed to live close to them.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the linkup. Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexie! We had a wonderful weekend! You have a super cute blog!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs