Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How We Celebrated My 31st Birthday

On March 6th I turned 31. I woke up with the boys around 6:30 AM.  We came down and had some breakfast and coffee, listened to music, and played until Brian, who had worked late last night, woke up.  I did go take a rare nap when Brian came down because both boys are cutting teeth and night sleep is not seamless right now like it normally is. A nap was a great start to my day.

I had birthday calls, text, and emails all day long. My parents called around 8 and sang to me. My grandparents called a bit later. I also had the chance to talk with my best friend Stephanie who lives in California. My aunt and uncle and sister all sent me messages. I felt very loved.

Brian took Shane to the market and I got dressed during Keith's morning nap because we were out of a few things. When the boys came home, I was surprised with a whole love of lovely surprises. Shane and Brian got me 3 bundles of tulips. I had one for each year of my life...minus one because they were in 10 stem bundles. They brought me a cookie and walked in with my birthday gifts that had been hidden away I assume in the garage. I opened up a french press, tea kettle, and some Stomptown decaf coffee which is a splurge of a treat for our family. I was thrilled!


The tulips were absolutely beautiful!


We had a quick snack and then headed to a gymnastics class for The Brothers. The same place we had Shane's birthday party at has a little drop in/free play time for kids 4 and under and the boys loved it! Nothing made me happier than seeing them laugh and smile. 

After we headed home and ate lunch. Shane and Keith took naps and Brian and I got to have a little down time. 

My parents  came around 5 to watch the boys while we went out to dinner.


We took a quick picture and left around 6 just before the kids went to bed because, as luck would have it, Shane played during his nap so he went to bed super early. I suppose it made for a short night for my parents but not the easiest. 


We went to Trellis in Kirkland which is a farm to table restaurant that serves organic and locally sourced when possible.  The chef, also named Brian, works with a farm in Woodinville which I loved. We even had the pleasure of meeting the chef who came out to our table which was wonderful. I got to ask questions about the food and hear about the farm.


I ordered duck with poached pear and brandied cherries. It was so good! I always try and order what I can't cook and I never have attempted duck. It was amazing!


Brian ordered a steak which was also wonderful. The rolls were amazing, we loved our appetizer of mushroom soup and blue cheese, apple, and hazelnut salad. 


For dessert the chef brought out two treats for us. One was a lemon sage flan which I never would have ordered but it was amazing. The big surprise was that Brian LOVED it and normally  he does not like lemon. We were also blessed with a plate of mini cookies and chocolate dipping sauce. The peanut butter thumb print was my favorite and the chocolate sauce was dessert on her own. 

I had a wonderful 31st birthday! My fun morning with the boys, our gymnastics outing, and the best dinner I have had sense our anniversary








2 comments:

  1. ahhh - looks like a wonderful day! Heres wishing a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! I hope it is a lovely year too

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs