Wednesday, March 4, 2015

New Years Resolution: February Review

Back in January I set one new year's resolution for myself: take better care of myself. You can read all about it here and how I did in January here. Today I am sharing February and the accountability of writing about it each month is good but humbling. This month I can count about three days that one of my boys or myself was not sick. There were doses of antibiotic floating thought this house, a humidifier running in one room or another all month long, and a lot of sleepless nights. However, I did OK on my goal this month even though I did not meet the little sub goals that made up the overall one.

This month I did not read a full book. You might think this is a fail but when you are juggling sick babies and a sick self all the self care I could manage this month was to get extra rest. I started to read The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer To The Heart Of God and will continue it in March. I was a little hard on myself half way through the month because I saw I would not finish the book.  However, I reminded myself the goal was about self care not reading dozens of books. Reading, working out, date night were three specific ways I could care for myself so I could better care for others. The best way I could do that this month with many sleepless nights was extra rest and a bit of light reading.



Working out 3 times a week took place! I did lots of short yoga videos this month as well as long walks with the boys which worked perfectly even with colds and infections. Both Shane and Keith had croup this month so the cold fresh air was just what their sweet little bodies needed. I am quickly realizing why moms get a double stroller though, because Keith is getting a bit hard to carry in the Ergo. These days I push Shane in the stroller and carry Keith which is hard wor. Whenever I can I let Shane hustle alongside me and Keith rides in the stroller but this summer I may need to figure something else out.

Date night was almost the same as last month with popcorn, wine, and a board game. Brian and I played Ticket to ride and enjoyed some Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn with our wine. With two little ones this is the perfect date night for us but I am happy to say that this month we are changing it up and heading out for my birthday so I will have a different kind of date to share next month!

Here is to a great start to 2015 and a goal of taking 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs