Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for her Show and Tell series for most embarrassing story.


When Brian and I were dating in college we regularly went to Disneyland for a couple of hours to spend time together. We both had season passes and loved to go ride Thunder Mountain, watch the fireworks, or just walk around the park. It was a special time we could talk, laugh, and play while we got to know each other better. Sometimes we went with large group and other times alone but we always had fun.


One Friday night a group of us went to go watch the fireworks after dinner. We arrived at dusk and went on a few rides before finding a place to settle in for the show. As we were heading out after the fireworks I was walking in front talking to a friend and Brian was directly behind me. Not wanting to get separated in the crowd, I reached behind me to get Brian's hand. I fumbled for a moment and wondered why my boyfriend was not reciprocating my hold when someone said in my ear "will you please get your hand off my wife's chest?" I turned around to see that I had been trying to grab not at a hand but at a woman with her arm folded across her chest and I had placed my hands in a most inappropriate spot. Worst off, everyone in our group stopped to look at the incident and was laughing. Being the modest gal that I am I turned bright red, moved my hand, grabbed Brian, and bolted from Disneyland. 

One other day tops my list. I had just graduated grad school with my MIT and had my first official job as a substitute teacher. I spent the night before planning some emergency lesson plans, making a little activity for the morning, and selecting books to bring to fill in any gaps during the day. I wore a beautiful white blouse, cardigan, and some slacks with boots. I felt prepared and look the part of a teacher. I was teaching first grade which was one of my favorites because I love the eagerness to learn and how vocal they are. When I finished the reading lesson that day I hopped off a maroon chair and the chair came with me just for a moment...then fell snagging my pants and ripping a hole right on my bum. Every student laughed at the char falling but I could not help but scrounge to get my cardigan tied around my waist to cover up the three inch tear that was revealing a lot more that I wanted to debut on my first day of work! 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely laughed while reading this :) I would be mortified if I grabbed that lady too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can laugh about it now but oh, my stars I could have died when it happened!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs